Thursday 29 January 2009

A night at the Grosvenor/ London

Yesterday night I went to the Grosvenor, somewhere in Stockwell.  I could never expect that in this ordinary pub I would have such a wonderful time. In one separate room equipped with very good speakers a noise ''concert'' took place. The main names where the Pain Jerk (one man sound project of the Tokyo-based Kohei Gomi, one of the most esteemed names in Japanese noise) and the Emeralds (Mark McGuire, John Elliot and Steve Hauschildt, based in Cleveland, Ohio)along with another tree or four excellent  musicians.
 My ears might feel a bit weird still but my body left the place completely satisfied and full of sounds and this is the reason why I find this kind of music very interesting and I seriously consider to use it for my final project. These sounds create on their own a soundscape and can affect directly the audience's body as each different frequency ''hits'' another part of it. Also I feel like noise music is the kind of music that can manipulate the human breath in the most effective way so create feelings related to breath (agony, nervousness, fear, joy, relaxation etc.)
Nevertheless, yesterday night made me start thinking again and one of my thoughts is that if I want to use something like this I might have to complete a health and safety form and give ear plugs to everyone in the room,heheh

No comments: