Wednesday 12 November 2008

The moving Castle + Mirror in a Mirror




What is this project 1 about after all?What was i working for for the past 3 weeks?For me it is a reality, an every day reality of people including me. I got very interested in this when I realized that every day, whenever I have to go back home or to the university, I follow the same paths. Up to now,I follow paths without noticing what is next to me, and I really believe that I am not the only one who does this... I only notice the space around when I think that I am so into this routine that I have stopped observing the world around me. This made me think what would happen if I start working somewhere and stay in this job for years. Stop taking advantage of the fact that I am still young and even if I want it or not, every year finds me in another place and gives me the chance to create my new paths, my new routine. What is going on with all those busy people that we see everyday running into the big public buildings as they go to work. Do they see?Do they notice who else is with them in the elevators when they go up or down? How the time goes by for them? Don't they fell sometimes trapped in time and space by following this routine that they choose because they wanted to but they can't change it easily... because let's be honest this happens or will happen to all of us because all of us have to work and act in this way if we want to survive in the big or small cities of the world. Up and down every day. My moving castle transformed into an elevator. Up and down. The Never ending story gave its place to Mirror in a Mirror. Up and down for ten days in an elevator. One actor and many people going to their jobs using the elevator. Are they going to see? Are they going to react? Maybe some day we will get to know...

No comments: