Friday 5 June 2009

meeting and first rehersal

On  Tuesday we had our first online conference as a group. It was a nice meeting were all of us got to talk on the first ideas of the play. Everybody had received the draft script, the picture of the 3D model box, they had all read the poem All all and all. What we did basically, was that I explained better the idea of the play, we focused on a fictional preferred outcome and of course we passed through the dates and the deadlines for the groups. Up to our next meeting the V.J.'s will take come basic decisions about the technical equipment we are going to use so that I can book early whatever needed and so that the creative ideas will fit. Personally, I have already measured the T.V. studio and the ground plans are ready to be sent to each one of them, and I have already contacted the companies from witch I will buy my materials for the construction of the space once I will have the final measurements and the ground plan of the set.
Yesterday, I had the first rehearsal with the actress as well. I am happy because it went good.. Up to now I was mainly talking about the technical parts of the performance leaving aside the concept/the story. Working with Vasiliki made me focus more on these parts. We talked a lot about what is happening in the script and what/who is the character she is going to incarnate. I gave her some ideas and actually I explained to her that the script is on the one hand nothing more than a fictional story about an android/clone, fighting for its right to exist in the world of humans and on the other hand about the loneliness and separation humans feel in an over technological world. In the end we passed through the poem, found the meanings the feelings and the images we will work with.

No comments: