Saturday 25 October 2008

DELETE

What happens when you think and you work on a project and then within minutes you realize that there is no point in this? You then just have to find the strength to live that project behind. DELETE. Today I went to my studio and I erased the creatures and the ground plans, I threw away the model box. I was trying to convince myself that I really believed in my idea of creating the moving castle in the way I was doing it. But in reality I did not believe in this because there was nothing there... nether for me or for anyone. It was too much. It had no meaning. It expressed nothing. It was just a toy. And the worse is that it was a toy of bad aesthetics as well. But a performance is not a toy, at least for me.
I was trying to convince myself as well that I was done with theory. Done with philosophy and all these. I was tempted to try and work for once without any basis, just with my senses.
Result: I can not do that. It is not interesting at all. So... what are the changes?1) Back to my books and my theories...2) I will keep on working with the same movie,3) I will change the book but 4)I will not change the author of the book. I realized, finally, that I didn't choose those books because I like the stories but because I like the way that Michael Ende thinks. I am interested in the atmosphere and the caracters that he creates. Today, after many years,I discovered who and what Michael Ende is. I have a lot of reading to do during the weekend!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: