Wednesday 25 March 2009

about Ambient Noise

Today was the first day of our group performances in the T.V. studio and I think that we had a good and strong start with Ambient Noise.  Although the performance was short I found it well constructed and nicely balanced between the parts that it had. The starting of it was the part I loved the most as the use of the space "between" the theatre spaces worked really well along with the darkness the sounds and the lights and it really gave me that feeling of been somewhere that time stops and I am powerless to change it. The feeling of been helpless and in captivity, really close with people that I didn't want to have close went on during the play and was very successful. I was really amazed by the sound and found really useful the masks on the wall connected to the headphones. each one of these gave me another aspect of the same situation without been extremely descriptive. What I found a bit inconvenient, was the space itself, because it was extremely limited and it was not very clear or easy for the audience to reach and use the masks on the wall. Another aspect that made me thoughtful as well was the use of the military adverts because I don't know if they made you for or against war after all... I think that most of us would think that they were used as against but in the end their main purpose is to persuade people to go to the army, so I think that someone that might not share my against was ideas would see them probably he could be affected on the other way... And finally a funny comment! I really loved the falling apple and actually it almost fell on the head of someone next to me and I thought "this IS interactive"!!!

No comments: